Saturday, May 26, 2012

The last day of suffering, the first day of agony.

Today's the day of two lasts. The last day of semester 1, and my last debate training (technically) in TJC. Not that I will have time to relax, JCTs are coming up. To think that in my secondary school days this day would be treated like the second coming (THE last day of school is another matter altogether), but then again, those were the days where I do not have to contend with my mid-year exams AFTER the holidays.

It's been one (-ish) year since I've joined TJC's debating society. It has provided me with a sense of belonging, after the crap I had to go through in my previous PDP, not mention the wonderful I've met and befriended.. Indeed, my adjudication skills are shitty and I debate like a faggot (as in a bundle of sticks), but I improved on them, and I suppose that counts. Compared to my NPCC days where my last training (excluding the farewell party) did unleash a torrent of memories, this conclusion was...mild for the lack of a better word. I did not participate actively (either I couldn't or wouldn't) and this 1 year was too short and too uneventful for sentimentality to take hold, compared to the 3.5 years I had under the National Police Cadet Corps. Not that I did not have my fair share of funny, happy and often quirky moments (I will try to remember them), but 6 minute speeches pale in comparison to shooting a revolver or jumping off a 10 storey high tower. In any case, I am still glad to have been part of TJDebates and I will miss it. It did provide me with something to look forward to in my miserable JC life.

Loads of things to take care of in June; my cousin's wedding overseas, homework, extra classes, revision and so on. The pressure is becoming more intense, slightly more than 100 days left till the A's, and not a single day of intense revision has been accomplished. Now's the time for me to get in gear, I can't screw up my papers now.,

No comments: